3.08.2009

Knitting Fail #47

Attempting Magic Loop for the first time without knowing exactly how it works using laceweight yarn and a much too short and springy circular needle.

I tried Magic Loop because I was experiencing serious laddering using size US6/4mm double-pointed needles with laceweight yarn. I don't really think I'm delicate-handed enough to use such fine yarn, but oh, how I've been lusting over Whisper for months!

I was practically laughing (read: crying) with frustration with the stupid cord just curling up and getting in my way. I forgot I had my beautiful Plymouth Bamboo Sister Interchangeable Circulars (smacks forehead), so I finally made myself a lovely forty-inch circular to work with. I had never used these before, to be honest, but I LOVE them already. The points are sharper than any other bamboo circulars I've used and the cables have the perfect flexibility and smoothness for my purposes.

Unfortunately, I may have to frog what I've knit so far anyway because I fear blocking will not correct the laddering. :( Oh well.

Now time for bed. Happy Spring Forward! (Not.) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment