3.13.2009

Me: Now A Sophisticated Knitter

Yeah, RIGHT.

But... I AM knitting lace these days, though, so that has to count for something.

Right?

I have finally made myself some really classy stitch markers so I don't have to use ugly plastic ones for my projects anymore. Look!



They're made of frosted Czech glass beads and silver-colored (very cheap) wire. They fit up to a size US8/5mm needle. The one on the far left has a lobster clasp so I can clip it on my work if I need a marker that way.

But really, I am trying to be more conscientious of the quality of knitting products I use. For example, I refuse to buy any more acrylic unless it is for a plush toy. Even so, I have more acrylic than I know what to do with. Especially Red Heart Supersaver *shudder* which I used to knit a magnificently long Season Twelve Doctor Who Scarf. I'm not sure why I never took photos of it. I'll have to message Bronwynne and ask her to bring it to work sometime soon.

I seriously need to bust that stash of cheap yarn. I have plans for charity bears but, alas! I refuse to cast on any more projects until Whisper is finished.

So while I'm thinking about busting my stash, I'm adding delicious merino to it... I placed a $53 Knit Picks order this morning. *devious grin* Come on, it's hardly worth it unless you spend enough to qualify for free shipping! Some of it is for a commission for a coworker (only... two skeins, actually), but the rest is sock yarn for meeeeee. I will definitely post photos as soon as it arrives.

Well, I'm beginning to smell the bread baking, so it is time for me to depart for grilled cheese sandwiches and homemade chicken noodle soup. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment